This summer some of the Global-Rural team are out and about at festivals in rural Wales. Researchers are conducting ethnographic observations and interviews with festival organisers to investigate processes of globalisation at work in and through some case-study events. They are exploring the extent to which festivals act as a hub of cultural globalisation, bringing influences from all over the globe into rural Wales and what kinds of images of rural Wales are projected out through such festivals. Part of this work involves paying attention to the chains of people and resources coming in and out of festival sites in order for them to function successfully.
- Senedd motion on carbon emissions reduction based on work at Aberystwyth University
- ESRC – Festival of Social Science Schools Event : Imagining Alternative Futures for Mid Wales
- Conference addresses what the future holds for languages in a post-Brexit UK
- Lifting the veil of kindness: ‘friendship’ and settler colonialism in Argentina’s Welsh Patagonia
- MA in Welsh Politics & Society
November 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm