This summer some of the Global-Rural team are out and about at festivals in rural Wales. Researchers are conducting ethnographic observations and interviews with festival organisers to investigate processes of globalisation at work in and through some case-study events. They are exploring the extent to which festivals act as a hub of cultural globalisation, bringing influences from all over the globe into rural Wales and what kinds of images of rural Wales are projected out through such festivals. Part of this work involves paying attention to the chains of people and resources coming in and out of festival sites in order for them to function successfully.
- Special Achievement Award for Aberystwyth academic
- Aberystwyth academics shortlisted for social research awards
- Seminar Series Governance, Participation and Civil Society theme: Participation in rural civil society in later life: practices of stewardship and spaces of care, Dr Sophie Yarker, Dr Jesse Heley & Dr Laura Jones, DGES, Aberystwyth University
- Seminar Cyhoeddus – Public Seminar ‘Understanding Wales’
- Senedd motion on carbon emissions reduction based on work at Aberystwyth University
January 25, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm